Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another day older...

So...other mom and other dad both flaked out the weekend of my birthday. This is ok with me, I'd rather have the kids home, but Reed had made plans...so his mother (bless her patient heart) took all 6 for the weekend.

Our bathroom had a huge jetted tub, and I've decided that's a necessity when we start house hunting. (Cumulatively I spent hours in it, I kept turning red and getting out resembling a lobster). Reed tricked me into leaving our room long enough for our Louis to sneak in and decorate, when we returned, I almost wet my pants! Reed opened the door and there was a man in our room...it took nearly a minute to process that it was Louis amongst all the balloons and streamers, then I laughed and blushed and laughed some more. (Louis was the best man at our wedding, and we love him more than our luggage)!

Everything in pink and blue and purple...4 kinds of cheesecake and my German Chocolate cake...how did he know?...his girlfriend, now done lighting candles, said that Reed and Louis have been planning since August 22nd. More than a month. I'm humbled.

Ryan never could be troubled with my birthday, I usually made my own cake and took care of the present on my own. Reed always has this gift for making me feel spoiled and special and pampered and loved...whatever was done that I deserve him I don't know, but I'm hooked, addicted, smitten, and more than casually grateful!

Now I wonder what will be expected for Louis' girlfriends birthday...I think we'll have time to figure something out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy, happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had an awesome one, and that you were completely spoiled. Well-deserved! :)

CKW said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds fun (I regret every single winter night, as well as most of the summer ones, that we bought a house with a dinky tub.) My dream house has a giant room with an enormous bathtub.