Saturday, October 25, 2008

This is the first kid free weekend (where they are all with other mom and other dad rather than with Grandparents) since Sept. 13th, when I whined and cried about them being gone.

I'm ok. (So tense that my jaw hurts from clenching my teeth, my phones going to fall apart from me checking for any word from them every other minute, and I'm so much fun to be around that I had to go to the dining room to type because I was disturbing Reeds one morning to sleep in)! I'll be a lot more ok tomorrow night when they are all home.

Other than that, we had a phenomenal week. Gabriel tried out for the 7th grade talent show. He played Ode to Joy on his guitar. The morning of the talent show he decided he'd play something else...I wasn't so sure, I didn't know how prepared he was for the other...I hadn't heard him practice this other.



I got to the gym and sat amongst hundreds of 7th graders. (Nathan went with me so I wouldn't feel out of place. Funny story, all about gum and teachers, I'll tell you later). They started, Gabriel was 2nd in line, and although it took forever to get the microphone set and him ready to go, he looked confident. Then he started...he did great, but he played very fast...I guess he was a little nervous after all.

End of the term...all work done and turned in, kids thrilled about "just 3 more to go" and me?...Well, we've got our homework routine and scouts and dance for Crystal all figured out and running smoothly, blissful?...That'll happen tomorrow night!

No comments: