Sunday, September 7, 2008

Swiss Days

Wow! I'll say it again, Wow! I've always enjoyed Swiss Days...not necessarily all the chaos, but I love the things that are offered...food, crafts, inflatable slides for the kids.

This year I had two kids performing, not just riding bikes in the parade with their school, but actually performing. Darrian and Crystal wanted to join the Children's Swiss Chorus, and I let them! The costumes were adorable, Darrian in white knee socks, (no, he wasn't thrilled about that part) and Crystal all Swissed up, like the St. Provo's girl but with less cleavage.

They were adorable, they sang, Darrian rang a bell, they danced, and I was a teary eyed, 'Oh gosh, look how big my babies are'...and as Reed said, "Such a girl."

Gabriel signed up to work on the square for 1 shift of 3 hours. By Saturday night he'd spent a total of 11 hours working in the heat, and he loved it. Maybe I'm not giving the kids enough responsibility....

The best part was walking to and from the town square to browse, get kids to performances and parades on time, and take them back home to change again so as not to destroy their costumes. I think I walked down and back about 5 times in 2 days. I had shin splints, and my calves were on fire...I believe I could us it in an exercise program...the Swiss Days leg toner.

Fun pain or not, my 2 days of endless walking didn't make my legs amazing, so I'll try harder next year.

Loves to All!

2 comments:

CKW said...

Yea!! A blog!! Good to see you on the world wide web...

Unknown said...

I miss Swiss Days so much! I wanted to go to it this year, but couldn't justify the 5 hour drive. Maybe next year.
(Dude, your word verification thing just made me type a foul word. How rude.)