Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I love you more than my luggage...

...And I've got a lot of luggage! Let's not confuse luggage and baggage. the difference?...my luggage is used to get me where I'm going. I load it with what I need, what is important, the things that will help me function and the things that I love.

Baggage...every memory of hurt, the shadows and whispers of horrible things I've said and done or that have been said or done to me. The ones that make my heart race and my breathing become irregular...the rotten things I wish I could go back and take back, or run from and avoid all together.

How to choose which of these you'll carry?...The atonement. That glorious act of love that allows me, (and everyone else) to pick the very best luggage, and abandon my baggage altogether.

...I think I'm going to start carrying a picture of the Savior in my wallet with my pictures of my kids...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful, wonderful post. Thank you. :)

CKW said...

An excellent idea...